The Brent School Partnership is strongly committed to promoting high quality school-to-school support, and leadership of the school system, by autonomous schools who aspire to excellence in all that they do. Specialist CentresÂ reflect this commitment and make real the Partnershipâ€™s strategy for school-to-school support. Specialist Centres are members of a wider BSP network which contributes to overall improvement and provides valuable school-to-school support.
Schools with good to outstanding practice make a crucial contribution to raising aspirations and improving the quality of provision and standards, across the school system.
Many such schools already take the responsibility to share and disseminate practice in a variety of ways. Specialist Centres build upon the principles of sharing and dissemination of best practice. Specialist Centres have the capacity and ability to encourage, facilitate and develop creative solutions to challenges within their client or partner schools, as well as being at the heart of high quality central CPD, delivered by the BSP.
- Specialist CentresÂ are centres of expertise and outstanding practice in one or more areas of their work with a proven track record of securing improved outcomes for children and young people.
- Specialist CentresÂ take responsibility for reducing disparity of performance and practice within their own school.
- Specialist CentresÂ contribute to improved provision and standards through purposeful engagement and partnerships with others in their local area and beyond.
- Specialist CentresÂ have the commitment, capacity, energy and enthusiasm to share that knowledge with other schools in a variety of ways ranging from demonstrating practice within the Specialist Centre, to support and challenge through outreach activity, the principle being school-to-school support.
- Specialist CentresÂ have the willingness to innovate and go beyond tried and tested solutions, they are able to reflect on and evaluate their own, and othersâ€™ practice.
- Specialist CentresÂ are responsible for the ways they operate, but are accountable for the impact they have on improving practice within their client or partner schools.
- Specialist CentresÂ are fully involved in ensuring that information on their areas of expertise and knowledge is widely communicated across the Partnership Schools.
Specialist CentresÂ include schools judged to be Good or Outstanding by Ofsted, as well as those which have Good and Outstanding practice in specific areas, whatever the overall judgement by Ofsted.
- AssessmentKingsbury Green Primary SchoolVisit
- AssessmentWykeham Primary SchoolVisit
- Closing the GapSudbury Primary SchoolVisit
- Early YearsChalkhill Primary SchoolVisit
- Early YearsCurzon Crescent and Fawood Children's CentresVisit
- Early YearsMitchell Brook Primary SchoolVisit
- MathematicsUxendon Primary SchoolVisit
- SafeguardingThe Stonebridge Primary SchoolVisit
- SciencePreston Park Primary SchoolVisit
- Special Educational NeedsManor SchoolVisit