I am an NQT
Partners for Excellence believe that investing time in NQT’s is vital in shaping the next generation of teachers and supporting them on their career path.
We aim to enable NQTs to have access to the knowledge and skills of more experienced staff across schools in the partnership, so that they can learn from shared experience and develop their professional knowledge and skills in a practical and meaningful way. This can be through school-to-school support, mentoring and/or professional development courses.
Our CPD offering is intended to provide NQT’s with structured training and learning opportunities which enables participants to:
- gain up-to-date knowledge of national policy development and research findings
- explore and acquire skills and competencies to strengthen their practice as a teacher and/or leader
- engage in collaborative learning and sharing best practice
- enhance personal confidence and motivation
- be inspired and challenged to achieve excellence for the schools and communities served.
Our CPD for NQTs can be accessed and is delivered through a range of approaches, which may include:
- training courses and workshops
- online courses/webinars/podcasts
- observation (as either observer or person being observed)
- shadowing a more experienced colleague
- peer group exchange, e.g. via TeachMeets/Twitter groups /Google groups/professional exchange
- visiting other schools/colleges
- attending exhibitions and conferences
- self-reflection, personal reading or research.
Please view our calendar to see our full offering.